The International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) continues to evolve and grow to meet the needs of its attendees and exhibitors. IPPE is excited to build on the success of the 2020 IPPE in-person event and the 2021 IPPE Marketplace. For 2022, they look forward to being with in person at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
Although COVID-19 cases have been rising in the United States in recent weeks, IPPE’s show management issued a press release on Jan. 5 stating that their goal is to “safely bring the industry back together to evaluate new products, technologies, and services while reconnecting participants with their colleagues and friends.” IPPE, which was unable to hold in person & held virtually last year due to the pandemic, represents the entire chain of protein production and processing.
India & IPPE
Before Pandemic, several Visitors and exhibitors from India mark their presence in IPPE, Atlanta every year, but in 2022 Edition: it’s not going to be that easy. It has also come as a setback for the Indian Poultry Equipment Manufacturers and Animal health care industry in India, who contribute the maximum number of Exhibitors representing the Nation. The U.S. Embassy and Consulates continue to monitor COVID-19 conditions in India. By 6th January 2022; India has crossed 1 lac Cases of COVID – 19 after the 7 months of Interval. Case numbers and test positivity are rising in most regions of India. The Government of India is closely monitoring the overall trends and Omicron variant and updating travel guidelines accordingly. Travelers are advised to check COVID-19 trends and travel/testing guidelines at their destination, which may change with little advance notice.
Omicron and Safety Measures
Although the omicron COVID-19 variant is highly contagious, the World Health Organization said it appears to cause milder symptoms and be less deadly than the previous COVID-19 variants. Since the pandemic began in early 2020, it has infected nearly 300 million people worldwide while killing nearly 5.5 million. IPPE show organizers have consulted with the Georgia Department of Public Health and epidemiological expert organizations regarding the safety measures established for an event of its size and type, in addition to continuously monitoring CDC guidance. IPPE’s updated safety measures include:
- recommending participants be fully vaccinated;
- recommending masks for all participants, with masks made available for all participants;
- anyone exhibiting COVID-like symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath) should not attend IPPE;
- frequent cleaning and disinfection of public spaces, restrooms and high-touch building areas;
- hand sanitizer stations made available throughout the facility and event floor;
- disinfecting foot baths maintained at main entrances of exhibitor floor area;
- encouraging physical/social distancing measures where appropriate; and
- providing onsite COVID-19 rapid testing for visitors traveling to countries requiring negative COVID-19 results for entry, in addition to other measures.
IPPE focuses on Innovation – bringing together buyers and sellers of the latest technology of products and services to make your business successful; Education – learning from the experts in free- and fee-based world-class programs on topics that cross-industry interests; Global Reach – attracting more than 8,000 International visitors from 130 countries; and Networking – meeting new and rekindling old relationships with leaders across the industries.